There's a ghost in me, Who wants to say I'm sorry. Doesn't mean I'm sorry.

martes, 8 de febrero de 2022

The Dø Streaming List @ YouTube Music

Music Duo & Creative Partnership

Gracias a los compis de Ministry of Sound: Chillout Sessions XI, allá por 2008 conocí al dúo franco-finlandés The Dø por medio de esta cancioncita que me la apropié como hymn / anthem / mantra de la lucha que vivía en mi vida privada, una de las tantas que tenía for sure, pero la más importante sin dudas. This song was a shot in the chest!
Ahí nomás descubro indagando another mantra song: The Bridge Is Broken que también hacía de soundtrack del matrimonio fallido que tenía back then y que pedía a gritos a new path for both of us.
Ya tenía la música ideal, vamos por más! Dije siempre for my inner demons & angels.
OK.

Y cuando sacaron el último álbum @ 2014 les perdí el rastro

E
n su discog tienen música súper ecléctica, me parecía alucinantemente etnocentrista y a la vez global lo que hacían. Con mucha percu exótica, o bien de África. Su música aún hoy en día me suena muy única y distinta.



El registro vocal de Olivia -finlandesa - me parecía alucinante fuera de todo lo que había escuchado hasta el momento. Tenía como un crush con todo lo que ella representaba como performer, multiinstrumentista, lírica, escritora plus hacía sus propios music videos. Así que sí, un mil points para ella.




The Dø (Dan & Olivia) @ Wikipedia

Al casi perfecto disco debut -que me parece fuera de la atmósfera de lo bueno que es-, le extraje gemas.

ultraFAVs


Y el temazo con el cual lxs conocí back in 2008:

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K2doCXzGkKxDEFD5obgwJN3uMvP7vFhF/view?usp=sharing

Why would I carry such a weight on my shoulders?

Why do I always help you carry your boulders

You wonder why I carry such a weight on my shoulders

And why would I t-ttt such a load

Cos someday you'll see next time I'll try it another way

Why would you try to make me friends with them soldiers

When you know that I've never been familiar with orders

When you know that my heart is in a pretty disorder

And you should know that in my heart you fill every corner

And someday you'll see that all I want is to please

Next time I'll try it another way

How long will I sit and wait like a soldier?

How many summers will it take?

How many summers will I wait?

How many shoulders will I break?

Why would I carry such a weight on my shoulders?

Why am I always by your side when you're down?

Why did I help you build a beautiful house?

And why did I break my back for you in the cold?

Cos someday you'll see next time I'll try it another way!


Why would I have to quit if time makes me older

Why do they wonder why I never get bored

How could I tell them that I'll never let go

But hey, you're my man but they just won't understand

Someday you'll see that all I want is to please, oh

Next time I'll try it another way




And Some Memoirs

2014-12-23T11:40:43-0300

Burning papers into ashes,

what a season, how they fly high from the ground ohhh

there is yet another fountain flowing over, as the night falls,

keep dreaming away


if you hold on to that past, don't you lock yourself inside,

Nothing has been done before

It's the most virgin dress you could possibly wear

Mess it up, Time is up


Hold your memory for a moment with a blind hand.

Write some stories for tomorrow.

From the bottle of amnesia

Find instructions to salvation, to oblivion supreme


Don't be tempted to look back - It has all happen before


Someday miracular spread will forgive every cowardly thing that you've done.


That I've done.


Dust it off.



2018-01-20T08:40:07-0300

Oh por dios qué discazo. 10 años ya?!?!?!


Anyway My Best Of de The Dø la raja:


https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GMDgoen8-zpS7EIn7VUW3FXcbMgrmQMF?usp=sharing


Y mis dos favoritas del último disco Shake, Shook, Shaken Son:


*Lick My Wounds

*Keep Your Lips Sealed


https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd7UnUBFjid/

Instagram post by The Dø • Jan 14, 2018 at 10:42am UTC


2019-01-17T17:40:04-0300

Me Encanta el cine francés!

He visto mucho en la vida.

Esta serie refuerza la idea de que el cine de otros países es un must.

Me gustó mucho The HookUp Plan. Es dramática pero su humor también es superb. Millenial eso sí.

Además esa canción de The Dø al final, pensé que era el único en el universo que los escuchaba! Nos junta el viento ves!?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1guokFZrKRG6z-V15Knq-F1eM-2AvFC8l?usp=sharing


Hay season 2 yesss.


https://www.netflix.com/ar/title/80190086

Plan corazón | Sitio oficial de Netflix

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario